Thursday, June 21, 2012

Alone Time

I snuck away on my lunch break today and went through the downtown street fair.  Every Thursday in the summer there's a street fair with vendors and lots of yummy food.  I have never gone through it alone because I felt dumb doing so.

Today, however, I welcomed the chance to go somewhere alone!  I can't even go to the bathroom alone while at home, so doing anything otherwise seems like an undeniable opportunity!

It was a perfect day in Minnesota.  I went through a few blocks of the street fair, got new lip gloss (Bare Escentuals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Maverick shade, to exact!),  found a really great booth selling homemade awesomeness in the form of handbags, hair accessories, jewelry, jewelry organizers, and everything else appealing to the eye and threatening to the bank account and bought a headband, then contemplated the food booths 9,989 times each before finally deciding on a taco salad.

I found a bench among the Mayo buildings, away from the street fair, and had a very quiet, peaceful lunch break.



This picture was taken on my phone and is completely unedited.  It was a perfect, gorgeous day in Minnesota.  Lunch hour was just enough time alone.  (Pssst!  That building in the far back is where all of my babies were born.  The buildings to the left are the main clinic buildings, and the ones on the right are not patient care areas but admin/research and all that fun stuff.  This is just a small glimpse of the downtown campus.

One more day to the work week.  WOOT!!
HAPPY FRIDAY!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous weather lately right?! The street fair sounds sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the perfect time alone! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Rochester too! I just found your blog through Shane's Coast to Coast link up. My babies were born in that building too :)

    I'm definitely following!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!