Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dirrrrty Girl

I am not a runner.  I never have been, and by that I don't mean that I haven't ever tried.

I have always thought running was boring, and let's just face it - my endurance sucks.

So what's a girl who doesn't like running to do??

Sign up for a 5K, and also a 5K mud run, of course!

The Dirty Girl Mud Run/Obstacle Course sounded right up our ally and I am so excited for it!  I'm hoping to get through each obstacle and not fall off the cargo net or drown in the mud pool.  A dirty girl's dream.

I have been training now for about 6 weeks, and while there has been marked improvement - I still kind of suck.  I know, I know - a 5K is nothing to many, but a big step for this body by baby and leftover birthday cupcakes.   (I can still blame it on baby weight even though the twins turned 1, right?!)

I do have to say, I'm coming around to it as it's my "me" time. 

Did I really just admit that?

I *will* be posting a "catch up" post - but I need a bit more time for that one.  It's now 12:15 AM, and Mr. M seems to think it's morning.  Sigh.

Happy Happy Hump Day!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Baby weight ranks first in hard to lose weight--good for you for even getting those running shoes out of the Store and lacing them on, never mind actually putting one foot in front of the other and running. I love your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!