Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to all for the very sweet wishes! Wow! It made my day reading all your thoughtful comments. THANK-YOU!

I am a little sad to be wrapping up my very last weekend of holiday break. Back to school this week! I am taking 4 classes, and will have clinical one day per week. In addition, remember, I am still working my RN role 3 days/week right up to the bitter end of my pregnancy.

I am a little afraid for what the semester holds. Credit wise, I'm taking just 10 credits-- which is a record low. That part I'm not afraid of...it's the exhaustion and general feelings of "I don't want to do this, I would rather take a nap!" that I remember so vividly from the end of my last pregnancy. This time around, I feel like I should already BE at the end of the pregnancy, judging by my aches, pains, and complaints. Eeeekity.

Travis and I had a fun weekend dreaming about our babies. We are playing the name game, and as of this moment, we have decided names. I will soon fill you in on that, once we decide middle names. Woop woop!

So...back to last Wednesday. Here's a recap with pictures of how I told Travis about the genders.


I wished I had more time to arrange it all, but I was racing against the clock to get it all done before Travis got home. My original plan was to get 2 little Minnesota Twins jerseys for our own Minnesota Twins. Well, being off-season, even in Minnesota it is a bit trickier than one might suspect. If I had more time to go to the sporting goods stores, it would of been easy. But I didn't, so that idea was scrapped. I went to Target and got a couple little newborn sized onesies instead.

I also picked up a couple frames to use with our money shots of the genders. I wrote up a couple (very quick!) little poems on a card and put everything in its own gift bag on the table.

I videod the whole episode, but my hubby is um.....camera shy. I am not entirely sure that he enjoyed having himself videoed, and am almost entirely sure he wouldn't like having his reactions go public. (Just to acquaint you all a bit, he is the man who could win $10 million and wouldn't be jumping up and down screaming. He always stays calm headed. I, on the other hand, would jump up and down screaming and hollering over winning a free dinner). I WILL tell you, that he had a deep gut feeling that it would be 1, if not 2, girls. So hearing about Baby Girl was no surprise. Hearing about Baby Boy WAS a surprise, and my man got as close to jumping and screaming as he will ever get in his life!

So he comes home and was coaxed up to the table, where these 2 gift bags sat:

Each bag began with a card to read. (Excuse the horrible handwriting. He was walking up the driveway as I was finishing up...literally...and was forced to stand still in the entry way for a bit until I got done!)


And then within each gift bag, he saw the framed gender shot pictures, and some itty bitty sized boy/girl sleepers.

In all the excitement, and having the video rolling, I completely FORGOT to take pictures of this! Hellllloooo, scatterbrain!

We wrapped up the night by having cake to celebrate. This is an on-the-spot Target cake, written on by a very kind, older gentleman working there. I had no time to be picky---and it tasted great!

Big Sister Emersyn was excited to be involved in everything. She wonders on a daily basis "when the babies are coming". She knows I work "at the doctor" (her doctor is in the same building I work, and Emersyn is with Travis when they come pick me up from work. She sees me come out of that familiar building, hence, I must be at her doctor, right?) and knows that mommy will go to the doctor to "get the babies out". So, each morning when I drop her off at daycare, she tells Kathy that mommy is going to get the babies out.


It will be a long wait for her---and for us too!
Happy Monday!




4 comments:

  1. Good luck with school and work this semester! And I love how you revealed the genders of the babies...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those notes were so cute! I bet he was excited! You too! and poor little Emersyn... I hate waiting so I can only imagine what it's like to be that age again waiting for things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the cute little notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is the CUTEST thing ever! ;-) Cannot wait to read more about the twins! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!