Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bump it UPdate! - Week 18

Week: 18! (In the realm of twin pregnancy, I am halfways there! Eekity!)
Weight Gain: Last I officially knew, was +16 pounds---and that was 3.5 weeks ago. Eekity again! I'm sure I'm at or above +20 pounds. I will find out on Monday--I do not torture myself with home weigh-ins. Twin pregnancy weight gain is to be 1 pound/week to week 24. The earlier weight gain, the better the babies are. I'm taking one for the team and it's terribly uncomfortable!
Cravings: Not having any. Most often, my belly feels like it may explode so I have to almost force myself to eat.
What I miss: Seeing my (non-pedicured) toes and easily bending over. It's getting tough already!
What I love: Being pregnant, though quite unpleasant at times, is truly so amazing. There are two little people in there, which I love and yet still cannot completely grasp. I feel closer to my babies each and every day!
What I hate: I am a nervous wreck this pregnancy, and I always imagined my 2nd pregnancy to be less anxiety-provoking! I am starting to have some real fears of the unknown and all I can do is pray daily that we all stay healthy, and that I deliver full term, high weight babies. I hate feeling anxious as it's something new for me.
The Babies: Are the size of bell peppers this week! They are about 5 1/2 inches long, and 7 ounces. They have doubled in size since my last update 2 weeks ago--and so have I! They are busy flexing their arms and legs, their ears are in their final position, and blood vessels are now visible through their skin.
The Bump: Is getting ginormous. If you are missing a hippopotamus, I believe it is hiding in my belly. SERIOUSLY! Check this bump out.


For comparison sake, I found a picture from my pregnancy with Emersyn at 19.5 weeks, right when I began wearing maternity clothes. Coincidentally, I had the same shirt on in this 19.5 week pic that I do in today's 18-week picture.

(Except in all fairness, I was pulling my shirt tight in today's picture with my opposite hand)

The Genders: Baby A is a girl, and Baby B is a boy---but you already knew that! I think we have picked names...Kyra and Kellan! (Middle names TBA--stay tuned!)

We have our anatomic ultrasound on Monday morning. Please, say a prayer. My newly discovered anxiety has led me to a few unsettling dreams/nightmares about this and I will breathe a deep sigh of relief once I officially hear them say---we have 2 perfectly healthy bell peppers in there :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. well come on... you can expect to be bigger with twins! :)... And I love it... two healthy bell peppers in there... LOL ok and I have to say, I love your hair, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is going to be fine, but I will pray for you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so freakin' adorable! Love the names, can't wait for middle names.

    Bell peppers, that cracks me up! So cute. I'm praying for you girl!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!