Friday, January 21, 2011

What the...?!?!??!



I took this pic on the way to class in Minneapolis (about 75 miles, ack!) early this morning.

I couldn't believe the car thermometer actually registered that low! It's a bit misleading, because the air temp low today was "only" -11. I am guessing my car was detecting wind chill factor into that ridiculous -30 figure. I captured this all time low as I was going through a valley. I about drove off the road trying to get the picture---it was that insane to me!

So, my question....global warming, you say? My arse! I don't buy it.

The good news is, on my way home, my car registered +1 degree on its external thermometer.

I have now seen a 130 degree range displayed in my car since last summer.

Sigh.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love it.
    My mother is visiting me in California this week from Minnetonka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same temp we had this morning here in Wisconsin.......crazy cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't miss that cold weather at all! It's funny, some people down here in Texas don't believe that it can get into the 100s and as low as -30 or more.

    Check out my blog, I have a little surprise for you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is EFFING ridiculous. Move here. I live in Texas. I don't know how you survive seriously. I think I'll quit complaining about my 28 degree weather and whatnot and start thinking about you when the weather here gets "bad". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by from Mingle Monday. My car registered 0 degrees last night, and I thought that was bad. Oh how I can't wait until spring!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!