Saturday, February 5, 2011

In the spirit of Super Bowl...

One might assume that living in Minnesota, we are Vikings fans in this household.

I can assure you, that is FAR from the truth.

Travis despises the Vikings. As in, a deep seeded hatred. He calls them the "ViQueens". He has never been a Vikings fan and it is safe to say he will never be a Vikings fan. He wouldn't go to a Vikings game if he were given free tickets, even though we live very close to Minneapolis.
He is, and has always been a Seattle Seahawks fan. I'm not sure how that works given that he grew up in the Middle of Nowhere, North Dakota....far removed from Seattle, and not quite (but still pretty far) too far from Minneapolis. But it is what it is and his dislike for the Vikings seems to have worn off on this girl over the years.

I actually have gravitated towards being a Green Bay Packers fan since we have lived here. I'm in SE Minnesota, really dang close to the Wisconsin border and there are a lot of Packers fans in my neck of the world!

So I'm cheering for green tomorrow, and another reason I'm cheering for green...I HATE the Steelers. They are my least favorite NFL team. I think Big Ben is a pompous a-hole and I'm so sick of seeing the Steelers in the playoffs, Super Bowl, what have you. I really apologize to any Steelers fans. Really.

It's hard to believe that the Super Bowl Host City, Dallas, has as much snow on the ground as they do!

Emersyn and I went to Dallas in September 2009 to meet up with some good friends. We were hosted by Ashley. There's a unique story behind how the whole trip transpired, but long story short is that I got involved with an online baby chat board when I was pregnant with Emersyn. Specifically, there were 13 of us ladies who were due the same week in April 2008, all first-time moms. We bonded closely over first-time momma stressors and have enjoyed watching eachother's kids grow up before our eyes. Since "meeting" online in 2007, we decided come 2009 it was time to meet in real life. Emersyn was 17 months old at the time and I had no reservations hopping on that plane to fly across the country to meet my friends.

Seven mommies, and 7 babies all age 17-months, made it for the Dallas reunion!

Well after our wonderful time together, and on my 29th birthday in fact, we took a tour of the new Cowboys Stadium. It really is quite an impressive place--it is HUGE---and fancy and glamorous and even on that tour in 2009, they were hyped up for hosting the 2011 Super Bowl. I am sure they never dreamed there would be SNOW on the ground around them when they were planning that!




When we were there, the field was in the works.



I'm sure the stadium is at it's finest this Super Bowl Eve!

I will be cheering for the Pack tomorrow from the couch. Boo. We had a bit of a scare yesterday while at clinical. The short of it is that I had some slight bleeding. My doctor assures me that this is very normal in twin pregnancy, given the likelihood that there is a head, hand, butt, leg, or arm right on my cervix...but to be sure that is all it was, I was put on modified rest over the weekend. I'm happy to report the bleeding has stopped and all is well with the twinnies. It was (and is) still a bit unnerving! I could settle with that not happening anymore, thankyouverymuch.

I may have enjoyed that he said..."no cleaning"....specifically. Or I may not have enjoyed that because the house is a wreck and my husband is so tied up in football this weekend that he doesn't even notice! Sigh.

GO PACKERS!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha... I heard a comment a few weeks ago by a friend, "I hope the Steelers get into the superbowl and then I hope they get crushed." I couldn't help but giggle. Then last night they lost.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!