Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bump it UPdate -- Week 20!

Week: 20! (The time is flying by!)

Weight Gain: At my appointment on Monday, I was +22 pounds. I held exactly steady from the Monday prior, but I have a feeling after eating like I have the past couple days, that will not last!

Cravings: Not having any. Most often, my belly feels like it may explode so I have to almost force myself to eat.

What I miss: Easily bending over, not being able to access my toes (they look atrocious!)

What I love: I am starting to distinctly feel each baby, and it is so unreal to feel two babies moving on opposite sides of your torso at the same time!

What I hate: I'm scared. Out of my mind. Passing the 20 week mark made it so much more real. We are nearing viability (yay!) and everything just seems so delicate right now.

The Babies: Are the length of bananas this week! Baby A measured 9 ounces, and Baby B measured 11 ounces at our ultrasound 1 1/2 weeks ago. (63rd and 50th percentiles....to put that into perspective, Emersyn was in the NINTH percentile at the same gestational age!) She was and still is petite. Somehow, I don't think the twinkies will be and I have recurring dreams of delivering TWO 10-pound babies. It scares me. Terribly.
They are working on swallowing, digestion, and already building up that first poop!

The Bump: Is large and in charge! I am measuring about 3.5 weeks ahead of how far along I really am. Anywhere from 4-10 weeks ahead is "normal", so we are doing okay! I feel like I should be measuring 10 weeks ahead though!

(Above picture from 18 weeks)
And today's picture at 20 weeks...

(I hate that I am pregnant in my hips, butt, and arms this time. I haven't ever had fat arms in my life. Sigh. Oh! And the curly hair is the most frequently found 'do. It's my lazy 'do and this morning it was screaming, "I'm late for work! But we gotta quick do a picture, honey!" and such we snapped one and ran!)

The Genders: TWO BOYS!! (If you missed it, yes, this is a mid-pregnancy gender change!)

Their names are:
MADDOX
(Maddox at 18.5 weeks)
&
KELLAN
(Kellan's pic was taken at just 16 weeks---not interested in updating it at our 18.5 week photos!)

So in love.
Have a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love your updates. :) I'm glad you finally got a name for baby A. Maddox is a good one too. Very strong & solid. Of course, you already know that I love Kellan. Do you guys have middle names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet pictures, and I adore their cute names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the names. Best ones you've picked. Eventhough the other choices were girl and boy.
    And how the HECK are you wearing short sleeves in below zero temps? Wowza!I'm cold just looking at you. And your arms are SO not fat. Dork! I'll show you fat arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I definitely think I missed the gender switcheroo! Great pictures and names :) You look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the names! And you still look fabulous. I honestly could never imagine carrying twins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still look lovely! You have that pregnant woman glow :). and love the names!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the names!!
    and no-you do NOT have fat arms!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!