Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here comes the bride!....and.....a cow?

If it's possible to have a busy but very noneventful weekend, I have accomplished just that.

My parents were down on Thursday-Saturday. Always good to have a little bit of homeslice! (Remember, they are 8 hours away!) Emersyn loves having her Grandma and Grandpa down to visit and certainly doesn't dislike being the center of their attention for the entire duration of their visits!

We will be following Grandma and Grandpa's route back home later this week.
I am in my good friend Jess's wedding. I am SO EXCITED for her and her fiance, Matt!

Jess has been a long time BFF of mine...we have had some crazy crazy times together! Since we moved over 4 years ago, we have remained good friends, but there is something about not being close in distance that is very tough. I miss her and my other friends so much!

-Leslie (the bride from the October wedding I was in!), me, and Jess-The 3 Amigos!

Our bridesmaid dresses were ordered back in early September. February seemed like FOR.EV.ER away at the time. I did order my dress one size up with a hopeful heart that I would be newly preggo, thinking worst case scenario, I would have it taken in to fit an unpreggo body.

Um.

I NEVER thought I would be pregnant with twins, for sure!

Panic mode set in between week 16 and 18, when it looked like I began taking up watermelon smuggling as a hobby. The bridesmaid dresses were nowhere in sight.

My bridesmaid dress was STILL not in sight until Valentine's Day! One week ago! They took FOR.EV.ER to come from the manufacturer, then mine had to be shipped from the bridal shop to my home some 325 miles away.

It left me with less than 2 weeks to figure out if 1) the dress fit and 2) if I would need a seamstress to work some magic.

I was SURE it wouldn't fit me. To my surprise....it did! My belly is pretty snug in it, so I need to NOT grow anymore this week.

I am very skeptical, even this close to the wedding.

I feel my belly stretching immensely, as we "speak", and that has been a sign of a huge growth spurt in the past.

I found someone to take in the chest.....afterall, no one needs pregnant boobies popping out of our strapless dresses at the wedding, right? She also hemmed up the bottom, all in a matter of 2 days.

Thank goodness for quick workers...
and thank goodness for dear friends who won't care if one certain bridesmaid looks like a waddling cow coming up the aisle!

(Safety in numbers, apparently...there are 3 bridesmaids (of 7) pregnant in this wedding party!)

Apparently we were a really fun group of bridesmaids at one point in time...HA! I am now thinking this will be the tamest wedding party I will have ever been involved with to date!

Mooooo!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha, I can't stop laughing at that picture. So hilarious! I'm sure you'll be beautiful and glowing in all your preggo glory! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!