36 weeks this week!! Which is great---considered term for twins---also very crazy given the way this pregnancy has gone. In hindsight, I was probably too good of a bedrest patient. My cervix had time to become cocky I see, thinking it's all made of steel now. :)
I have had a little bit of a chance to get the nursery ready now that I'm off bedrest. Let's face it - I put Travis in charge of that when I went on bedrest in early April - but it's just not a man's forte. We actually have 2 nurseries, one of which I consider their "real" room and the other is for convenience (7 steps from our bed....literally). So, I wanted the "real" nursery put together to some extent before we bring them home. The other little nursery has the crib in it (Emersyn's old crib) and a changing table - really all we need down there.
Travis told me "it's ready".
Um.
He painted it and had all the stuff I ordered in the room...but still in boxes and thrown in the closet with no rhyme or reason. The guest bed is still in there, with no signs of being taken down to make room for the other crib - which was finally ordered just 2 days ago.
So, this past week I've had fun getting stuff somewhat put together - at least taken out of the boxes - washed, folded, hung - got the 2nd crib ordered too. We spent a small fortune on Emersyn's crib, thinking it was a once only purchase. It's beautiful and still looks brand new. I would love to find a 2nd crib to match, but that style is no longer available. The next closest match was $600 which I'm not able to spend again for a 2nd crib.
Last weekend we browsed around looking for "the" 2nd crib. While I had the same style in mind, I realized it was harder to do than I thought. I decided in the end that it was wise to save money and settled for a similar, yet not a matching crib.
I was pretty pumped to find this crib, sold WITH a new mattress, for $139! Bargain!
Emersyn's old crib will be joining the new crib.
![]() |
And we have 2 sets of this bedding...
The twins will share a crib for a few months before we move the 2nd crib upstairs to their "real" room. The "real" room is on the way to looking like it is ready for babies!| (The letters stand for Maddox and Kellan - in case you're just joining in!) |
| I thought monkeys made for a nice accent with the color scheme! |
| There are duplicates of most pieces of clothing... |
I still must finish the closet, order a few more decor accessories, and get the crib in the room when it comes...but I think we're ready for a couple (not so) small occupants when they decide to get here! (Did I mention they are measuring 70-80th percentiles?! So odd, Emersyn never measured >20th percentile and was born a peanut. These guys will probably each be bigger than her!)
I'm extremely uncomfortable and getting impatient. I continue to have contractions regularly, all day, every 2-5 minutes, all the time. The good news is the doctor in the hospital the other day mentioned inducing me at 37 weeks if I am still hanging in there...because of my high blood pressures plus the fact that I am halfways through labor and it could go VERY quick. I really don't want to deliver these guys at home alone. So...hopefully at the most, we are looking at 8 or 9 more days!
Come on babies!










come on babies!! can't wait to meet the big guys!! :)
ReplyDeleteI looove the color scheme and the monkeys are presh! Good idea :)
ReplyDeleteI love the nursery! The green and brown looks so good together, and I love the monkeys!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pics of the boys. Soon, I hope.
Well one thing about it... if you delivered them at home by yourself, you'd have one heck of a story to tell... LOL...
ReplyDeleteLove the room color choices!
Love your nursery!! Glad you were able to get some of it done before they arrive!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean on being miserable! This tail end has been so uncomfortable. And the contractions....so much fun.