Travis and I spent pretty much all weekend cleaning out and organizing our garage. What a project! Still not done, but great strides have been made.
When my parents moved out of my childhood home, my childhood bedroom and all my memories got boxed up. Since I wasn't able to be there to help them pack, I didn't get to go through my stuff. Someone else did, and my parents brought me down about 6 big tubs of stuff last summer. Sadly, it has all been sitting there until this weekend---I finally went through everything.
WOW! What a hoot! It made me sad. It made me happy. It got me all nostalgic. Most of that stuff I remember as if it were yesterday, then would see it dated 10-15 years ago. Really? Some of my faves...
This was a school picture from 1994. I brought our chocolate lab, Otis, in for a pic. He drank out of the locker room toilet right after this pic. I adored that dog. He died the day before I turned 21 when he was only 8. I cried buckets of tears that night. Otis was the best dog ever!
This was from the same year, a picture taken with my 2 BFF's Christi and Dara. We were huge Troy Aikman fans…and apparently, too cool for school with these styling' shades! Wow, what were we thinking again? And the black tennis shoes---remember those??
I could hardly stop laughing when I saw this high school basketball program from 1997-1998. How RIDICULOUS were we? 
If anyone follows Kansas Jayhawk basketball, they might know who Jeff Boschee is. He was a standout player for the Jayhawks. He grew up in Valley City, ND which isn't all that far from where I grew up. His high school team was playing nearby and a group of us girls went to the game…and apparently stalked Jeff Boschee as the requests on this program clearly indicate! We were ogling over him from across the civic center while the JV game was going on and he wasn't yet in uniform for his own game. We wrote our autograph request on the program.
It says "Jeff – Can I have your autograph? Thanks!" and then further down it says "Just lay it on the floor when finished". Further down, in different handwriting says "Just sign your name all over – we all WANT it!"
What total idiots!
I had to laugh at this red faced, grumpy looking little Amber skiing. I was 4 or 5 here.
I wish I had the picture of my first ski lesson at age 3. I was literally roped to my dad's waist with about 15 feet between the 2 of us. I mean, I'm sure that's how all the Olympians learned to ski, right?
Who doesn't love senior picture memories? YIKES! 
And a 4-H memory of my grand champion rabbit.
I showed steers and rabbits at the fair each summer, and I think one or 2 summers I showed horses. I still have scars from being dragged all over the fairgrounds from a feisty steer one year. Jerk!
I couldn't believe it when I found the single of Backstreet Boys "Everybody". The CASSETTE, nonetheless. How ancient does that sound? Do they even make tapes anymore? 
Does anyone remember "Superdrag?" I think they had ONE good song called "Sucked Out". Found that CD…yes, this one was CD and not cassette! 
I have a couple more tubs to get through. Maybe I will find some slap bracelets or Hypercolor shirt in there somewhere.
Happy Monday!







Ah the memories! I love going down memory lane. I did that a few months ago and actually found a note between me and my fiance where he asked me out on a date 10 years ago... which we never went out on... long story but anyway trips down memory lane rock!
ReplyDeleteI just went through a box my mom saved for me! It was full of crazy pictures, high school notes, programs from plays, signed t-shirts, etc.. I loved walking down that road again! I couldn't throw anything away! I can't wait to share it all with my son when he gets big! :))
ReplyDelete