Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cheese Fest, How I Love Thee!

Minnesota is simply awesome in the summer. For countless reasons, one is the fact that there is pretty much a community festival going on every weekend. We have a lineup of "town fun" on our fridge. This weekend, the fun kicked off with Cheese Fest over in Pine Island.

Pine Island is 12 miles from where we live now. When we first moved to Minnesota from Fargo back in January 2007, we rented a townhome in Pine Island. We made some great friendships in our townhome community and it was really hard to move, even if a 15 minute drive. We don't see our Pine Island friends near enough, even though the distance is short! Something about walking out your front door vs. driving 15 minutes really has done us in. One of my favorite Pine Island memories was in summer 2007, shortly before I got pregnant with Emersyn. Our first encounter with Cheese Fest!

The picture above is us with our friend Emily. I met Emily at our nursing orientation at Mayo. She is from Michigan. Last summer, she moved to California with her new hubby and now she's coming back to Minnesota! Wooohoo!

This is Tricia and I at the Cheese Fest street dance. I think we thought it was Barley Fest 2007. Oops!


Cheese Fest 2008 was special for a completely different reason. Emersyn was about 2 months old and we thought it would make a nice outing to go up the midway (they have a carnie set up and who doesn't love carnie food when you're already enjoying a post-baby body? HA!) I remember it was a gorgeous night and we went up there about 5:30. It was a bold move because this was among Emersyns colicky phase and part of me feared the nightly 6 PM scream fest. No pictures were taken as I don't even think we lasted 10 minutes at Cheese Fest that year! Emersyn began screaming...and screaming...and screaming. We left. I was sad.

Cheese Fest 2009. Bound and determined to come back in style! We took Emersyn over during the day. She liked it this time.


We got a babysitter that night and met up with our friends. I think we were confused again, as all of our festing was to barley and not cheese! :) This is my friend Heather. We were neighbors in Pine Island. They are expecting their first baby, a girl, next month! I am so excited!



Too much of this...


Leads to photos that will always be impossible to explain.


Cheese Fest 2010: It's a rainy and dreary weekend, but we did take Emersyn over tonight for a few rides...and um, greasy carnie food goodness. She rode the choochoo and carousel. I think the train was the exact same one she rode last weekend in Como. How original!



Who can resist cheese curds?


Don't worry, we had more than cheese curds. We all know my butt needs that, right? HA! I had a turkey leg...yummo! Oh and fries....and um...

Despite the dreary weather, Emersyn thought "iceheam" was a necessity. I just might have helped her out. Please disregard the fact I have zero makeup on in this pic and look like an escapee.


Little did the world know, Emersyn's diaper was full during Cheese Fest....full of STYLE, that is! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one!) These are the new Huggies Jean diapers. They are so beyond CUTE!


Ahh, Cheese Fest. Next year I will be back in style. This year, we took it easy :)

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Go ahead, make my day!