Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Insanity!

It's been a crazy week for sure!

I had classes last week Thursday, Friday, and Saturday up in Minneapolis. Except I didn't really go to class on Thursday because I was at home with the worst headache of my life. It lasted for 2 days, so I finally went to the doctor's office for some happy pills. I guess they did the trick! I made it up for class on Friday...whew! It was a long day! Travis and Emersyn met up with me that night. We had a hotel right downtown Minneapolis and spent the night. Emersyn had fun swimming--as always!



I got up Saturday morning and went to class from 8 - 10 and then met up with Travis and Emersyn at Como Zoo. I should add that all happened after a delay...what is it with men insisting they are born with the ability to know how to get to any location, in any town, without the need for directions? Thank goodness for cellphones. And when your battery dies and you are without your charger, thank goodness for nice random strangers who let you borrow their phone. No need to elaborate further. HA! Emersyn loved Como Zoo and so did I! It's a really great place for kids because everything is so close together. The Minnesota Zoo involves a lot of walking, and I think the animals are better off there (more space!) but Como Zoo is much better with kids in tow. Plus the primates display at Como is much better, and they are my favorites! What is best of all is Como is ran on donations, so no high admission prices. Bonus!

I honestly am not a fan of any zoo, only because I'm a huge animal softie and I think it's so sad to see all these beautiful animals caged. I do realize that many of the animals at the zoo wouldn't make it in the wild so I guess that makes me feel better.




What is also neat about Como is that within the zoo lies "Como Town"---basically a carnie, complete with carnie food. I held off any footlong hotdogs (whew!) but Emersyn and I did ride the "choo-choo". She loved it!


We left the zoo just in time---not too far out of Minneapolis, we were in a downpour. It didn't bother Emersyn one bit. She hardly made it out of the parking lot! Here was the view from my rear mirror. Sound asleep.


Since then, I've had my head buried in classes. August really cannot come soon enough! We have the month off before starting fall semester, which I am really scared about because I will be taking 5 classes. I took 4 last fall and this past spring and that was plenty. I guess I'll worry about it when I get there.

Emersyn had a total 2-year old moment last night. I changed her diaper before we were going to go to the park. She didn't want to put her pants back on, which I wouldn't care about one bit if not for the fact we were going in public. I mean, you can't really let them do it once or they expect it the next time! I prefer she grows up wearing pants in public, so I tried to be persistent. It seems she is a master at getting what she wants---eek---but this time I said we weren't going anywhere unless she put her pants on. I figured she'd get over it. I ignored the tantrum. I did my best to ignore when she ran to her diaper bag, grabbed a cereal bar out of the side pocket, crumbled it, twisted it, smashed it, and threw it around the living room and kitchen. I asked her to pick it up and put it in the garbage. She picked it up and took it to the kitchen. I was happy that she listened. Or not! She got to the kitchen and threw it again! My next approach was to ignore the fit and I sat on the couch and looked the other direction. It didn't work.

I told her I was going to take pictures of her sad face. That didn't work.



She somewhat seemed to be getting over it.


Until...

I put her shorts back on her!


Ohhh the trials and tribulations of being 2! Such a mean momma, I know. In the end, she dried up her tears and wrapped me right back around her finger. We went to the park, and it's a good thing she had pants on...she pooped her pants quite significantly. HA! Her drama lasted a good 20 minutes of straight crying, stomping, and throwing things. It was actually one of her first major tantrums and it was funny in its own way...just to see this tiny little cutie with her big yellow bow throwing thing all over the house...pantless!

I have to say that I have considered throwing my homework around the house and crying this week myself.

Maybe I should take lessons from her.


















1 comment:

Go ahead, make my day!