Last year, Kitty, our Elf, arrived with a North Pole Breakfast. This year, Kitty had planned her debut for this weekend...but when you have oh-so-sweet statements like "I really miss Kitty, I sure hope she comes back tonight" in the middle of the week, plans apparently change. Kitty made a quiet arrival this year...with plans to redeem herself this weekend.
After one CRAZY week and one of the twins running a ridiculously high fever yesterday---I was skeptical about Kitty making the breakfast this weekend at all! My parents were luckily in town yesterday though, and took over baby/bedtime while Travis and I went out for dinner.
Childless! That's the very first "date" we have been on since
well before the twins were born. I can't even remember the last time we went out alone?! It's been 2 1/2 years I think!?
And I didn't get a picture of it at all.
Travis had to go to work at 9 PM, so you can imagine any date night wasn't too lengthy! I had to take advantage of the help though and my "date night" continued with 2 friends over a few Mich Golden Lights. It was the perfect pre-game to going home and making the dang North Pole Breakfast!
 |
| My friend and fellow twin momma, Angel (left) and I. Our twins are exactly 1 week apart! So cool! |
 |
So then you go from beer and bar talk to elves and magic talk...
 |
|
|
|
|
 |
| North Pole Toast - To. Die. For! |
Kitty the Elf made this "North Pole Toast" (Overnight French Toast Casserole) and omg! It was amazing. The recipe is
here if you want to give it a shot--super easy, super yummy, and super great for cellulite accumulation. The linked recipe says you have to put new tinfoil on (opposed to the tinfoil used to cover it in the fridge overnight) before baking.
Um...why?? I don't get it. But I followed the rules anyways, despite feeling like I was wasting a good piece of tinfoil.
Anyone, anyone??
 |
My elves gave it 6 thumbs up!
|
|
|
|
After the excitement of Kitty came gift opening. I work on the 24 and 26th of December so obviously no traveling for Christmas....my parents were in town for appointments and celebrated early with us! (I have found that working and living at "Mayo Clinic, Minnesota" brings you lots of visitors---I just pretend they all come to see us rather than get medical expertise).
 |
| Somehow, he wasn't excited about being trapped with presents |
 |
| This is my living room that I vowed would never be overcome with toys...we rarely use our huge toyroom because the toys apparently love it up here Fail. |
 |
| Two boys with fevers = a day in a diaper. |
 |
| Big big hugs for grandma! |
 |
Emersyn went shopping w/ grandma and was so excited about the tie she got Travis--he was mandated to wear it with his t-shirt. The new style.
So that's it that's all. Let's see how many times I freak out and sit upright in the middle of the night this year after realizing I forgot to move the Elf. ("Elves get sick too, honey...and don't like to move when they're sick").
Any bets?
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go ahead, make my day!