With August being the last month off before returning to work and school (school next week, and work the week after - boo!), I have been sucking the most out of each moment with my little loves. The twins are TWELVE weeks old today. I cannot believe that.
![]() |
| My loves, appropriately dressed in Minnesota Twins attire (Maddox & Kellan - 12 weeks, Emersyn - 3 years) |
Maddox: 13 pounds (7 at birth)
Kellan: 11 lb 8 oz (5.15 at birth)
They are both wearing size 1 diapers and in 0-3 month clothes, though Maddox will very soon be in 3-6 month size only. He is 1.5 lbs and about 1.5 inches bigger than his brother. This size difference seems HUGE in person. Kellan is a tiny and short little peanut. Each boy has their own personality and I love them both in a BIG BIG way! Maddox has become very chill and happy. He smiles at me all day long (when he's awake!) Kellan is also a very relaxed baby and only complains when he is hungry or poopy. I have been very blessed. We made it through our first 3 months with flying colors! I am proud of myself, my family, and my children. All three of them. Emersyn amazes me daily with how she has handled this big transition. Bless her little heart. She loves her brudders and is excited for them to join her at her daycare home in 2 weeks.
![]() |
| I have been playing around trying to learn my camera and some new editing software! |
| (She will one day hate me for this photo I'm sure) |
Once we got there, the ten hour drive was clearly worth it.
| Emersyn had a ridiculous amount of fun with her cousin Nolan, who is 9 months older than her. (She split her lip the day before we went back home, poor honey!) |
![]() |
| I just love this picture! Everyone looks so happy! |
My mom and dad SERIOUSLY have the BEST backyard in all of creation! This is just one part of it. Emersyn had SO much fun with all the little hills and steps and especially that cute little playhouse up on the hill!
![]() |
| What is now my parents' backyard, used to be my grandparents backyard. I have many memories back here from childhood as well (though it looked much different, was still very neat as I remember!) |
![]() |
| (I wish Travis could have made it in the family pics. Boo.) |
The drive back to Minnesota went much smoother, as we left from Fargo this time and shaved 100 miles off the return. It only took us 7 hours to get home (from Fargo) which was still plenty, but more feasible.
We were so happy to be home and I vowed I will not be driving back for leisure trips anymore. Weddings and funerals will be the extent of our travel for a long time, I'm afraid!
Next up: my little brother's wedding on New Years Eve.
(Right after we get back from our trip to Wisconsin Dells - coming up THIS WEEKEND! We are so excited! This is only a 3 hour drive. Phew!)
Happy Monday blog friends!













In these pictures, Maddox favors Emersyn so much! I think Kellan looks like his Daddy, and Emersyn and Maddox, are all you. Beautiful children, and it looks like you all had a great trip. I enjoy reading your blog, and watching your little ones grow. Traveling with little ones is not fun, but you seemed to do pretty well, for the three of them being so young. Keep the pictures coming!
ReplyDeleteA Mom-Mom of 4 in NJ
Gorgeous pics! You seriously have the best family. Can I babysit?! That pic of E on the toilet is hilarious! How did she split her lip?
ReplyDeleteLove the pics...your kiddos are adorable! And your parents backyard is incredible!!
ReplyDeleteI love the potty in the van!! This makes me wish I had a van and I only have 1 kid!!
ReplyDeleteToo cute, the Minnesota Twins+1.
ReplyDeleteWhen she is older and you tell her that potty picture was posted worldwide on the internet, got to love it. In fact one day you may be showing that picture at her wedding.