Maddox = 10 lb 13 oz (31%) and 22 3/4 " (48%) --- oddly enough, the exact weight of Emersyn at that age!
Kellan = 9 lb 14 oz (13%) and 21 3/4" (12%)
This means they have each gained roughly 4 pounds since birth! They are both getting to be such big boys and both have great head/neck control for 8 weeks. Maddox is clearly the BIGger boy of the two.
| I told you Maddox was an eater!! HA! |
| My goodness, he is such a sweet boy! |
Maddox gave his first real smiles on July 23rd...Kellan followed in his footsteps and gave his first meaningful smiles August 1st, right at 8 weeks old! Let me tell you, it melts my heart and easily makes every minute of bedrest, every tear, every ache and pain, and every stretch mark worth it.
| Maddox - he stares at me and smiles all day long! Kellan is starting to more as well! LOVE IT! |
They are nearly 100% nursed, but will take a bottle when needed, though I usually catch an earful before they agree to that :)
They are still asleep the vast majority of the day. They have periods of wakefulness about 1-2 hours at a time.
| Boy 1 |
| Boy 2 |
As of the past day or 2, they sit and stare at me and just smile and are starting to babble and "talk" to me. I think they're telling me how much they love me. :)
Emersyn continues to be an amazing big sister! I am so proud of my favorite girl! She is wonderful with her brothers and still hasn't shown us jealousy. She is great! She has been a busy girl lately.
| My Picasso! |
| She has amazing patience and love for her boys :) |
Oh, how quickly 8 weeks passes by. Bittersweet. In 5 more weeks I start school, and in 6 more weeks I go back to work. Sigh. Cherish every moment!







They are soooo sweet Amber!!
ReplyDeleteIt is going to be hard to go back to both the school and work environment.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, your babies are so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThey are both so adorable!!! Loving the smiles!! I agree, those little smiles make every single moment worth it!! Can't believe how fast time is going!
ReplyDeleteThey are so precious!! Thanks for showing us more pics! :) I'm glad they are sleeping good for you!
ReplyDelete