You know, the one that starts off saying.."Wow!! Time goes so fast...yadda yadda...I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog...yadda yadda...but I really wish I would have blogged because so much has happened that I need to document!...yadda yadda".
K, so, more of the same. I was on vacation last week (a whole post of its own, coming
The twins are now 13 weeks old. 3 months. Whaaaaaaat the?!??!
| I forgot about the monthly "tie picture" until it was arguably too late in the day for the twins' liking! |
| As you can see, they're losing hair. Lots of it. Sad face. (Other than that I don't see a huge change from 2 to 3 months) |
Of course, after being off of work for 5 months and having twins in the meantime, my return to work date just happened to be THEE same date I started back at school.
I mean, why wouldn't the timing work out that way? So really this is my first week back at work. I'm using PTO and spending my days up in Minneapolis for classes.
The other 2/3 of this story is that we don't have daycare until Monday, which is the date I really will be back at work. Know what that means?
The boys have already started college!! Less than ideal, but they have been driving to/from Minneapolis with me (1.5 hours each way) and sitting through Women's Health and watching momma do pelvic exams. They have been quite well behaved, and already proving to be chick magnets amongst the college women. And being exposed to scenes you sure don't see everyday....
Today, while looking for a parking spot in the ramp at school, in my minivan with 2 infants in the back, I encountered The Great Minnesota Prick.
I mean, this guy was it. A total jerk. Idiot. Moron. Asshat. (And this is putting it nicely).
The scenario goes like this. I was driving up the ramp, which was very full, looking for an open spot. There was a black pickup in front of me, and 3 cars behind me. The black pickup comes to a quick stop, and of course so did I. I noticed he drove a little too far past an open spot. I assumed he was waiting for me to backup to allow him space to do the same, so he could park.
Except there were cars behind me and I wasn't able to back up. So I waited, thinking the Great Minnesota Prick (GMP for short) would see what was happening, and drive forth for another spot.
I had my window rolled down, so when GMP came storming out of his seat, and over to my vehicle, hollering obscenities, there was no mistaking what I heard.
To the effect of this:
Great Minnesota Prick: "Can you get out of my f---ing way so I can f---ing park?! Back the f--k up, b--ch."
My reply to GMP: "Not after you act like that I won't!!"
GMP: "Okay, I will back into your f---ing car then!" and slams his door shut.
I'm stubborn. I was not about to move for this asshat. Afterall, if he did back into me, I had good reason to call the cops.
So, GMP starts backing up inch by inch, in short little bursts, squealing small streaks of rubber as he inched backwards.
He ever so lightly brushed my bumper and my Momma Bear sense took over. It wasn't worth all that for this obvious loser, especially considering my babies were in the back.
I kicked my minivan into reverse and maneuvered as best I could to give this Prick just enough room to get his stupid pickup in the parking spot.
I drove past him, to the sound of his ongoing swearing, and went 2 levels up. I got out of the vehicle and could STILL hear him swearing and calling names!!
The clincher? This guy wasn't a college kid. He was a 60-something grown man!! He probably has grandkids of his own.
I hope he is proud of himself speaking to a woman like that, in front of everyone, yet alone in front of my kids.
And that, my friends, is a description of the Biggest Asshole in all of Minnesota.
(It's Minnesota Nice. We don't have time for this Prick Psycho!)
(PS - the twins did very well their first 2 days of class...1 more to go!)
Up next: Emersyn starts Sunday School this weekend, I go back to work on Monday, the boys start daycare on Monday, Emersyn has dance class next Wednesday, I have an appointment for my severe postpartum leg swelling that REMAINS after 13 weeks on Friday, and Emersyn starts preschool the following week. Plus school work and the fact that I still spend a good chunk of time nursing the twins...what else can we add this week??








Glad your bad to school.
ReplyDeleteThat took a lot of control and I understand because of the kids. But knowing where his car was I might have had really bad thoughts about doing something or at least leaving a note. Too bad no picture of this *&%# to post
Your babies are so sweet! Can't believe they are three months old already!
ReplyDeleteThey are getting cuter and cuter, love them! Hilarious that they are watching you give pelvic exams. Sounds like a blast! ;) And that GMP - what an asshole!
ReplyDeleteSo maybe they should have written the movie "How Does She Do It" about you and let you be the lead instead of Sarah Jessica Parker!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolute idiot!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think the boys have grown quite a bit from the two month to the three month pic.