| My little loves! Ready to go see our visitors! |
Saturday, we started the day by meeting up with my parents, brother, and future sister-in-law for breakfast. They got in late Friday night so we didn't see them Friday.
| I think grandma is experiencing a little slice of heaven here! |
| Kellan - the thinker :) |
| Maddox - the snoozer - with grandpa. (If you ever wondered where the dark hair/skin comes from, here is your answer!) |
| I'm going to be vain and say it - my fruit pizza ROCKS! |
Saturday late night: It proves a difficult task to honor several different agendas I guess. Long story short, Travis and I were going to get away, alone, for the first time since last fall and meet up with my brother and his fiancee for a drink. My mom was going to come and sit while the kids were in bed, and the bar/grill we were going to is literally about a 90 second drive from our house in case I needed to come back quickly...simple plan, right? Not with 4 different families!
Now this is our fault, but the twins still sleep in the living room. One in the swing and one in the rocker. (I do have good intentions to move them to the downstairs nursery SOON - but haven't done it just yet!) After Emersyn is in bed, our house is generally very quiet and the boys sleep soundly. They do wake to loud noise.
So when I got a text message saying that not only my mom, but my mother-in-law and her twin sister were all 3 going to come and sit "quietly", we were skeptical. Anyone who knows this trio knows they aren't a quiet bunch. We love them. But they're not quiet. They had good intentions. But they're not quiet.
We decided that both Travis and I going wasn't worth having the twins likely awake, so we tag teamed the group which was now much bigger than just my brother and sister-in-law. We each joined the crew for an hour at a time.
I was really bummed we couldn't be out together, but such is life. Maybe next time!
Later Sunday night: After I left the bar, I got a message from my mom saying they are taking my mother-in-law to the ER because her face and lips were swelling up. Um what?? Turns out they spent until 6 AM with a swollen mother-in-law in the ER! Baptism was at 9. Not much sleep was had by anyone that night - but made it for baptism in time! (She is okay, by the way - allergic reaction to something apparently!)
Sunday: It was a challenge to get everyone ready and at the church by 8:40 for the 9:00 baptism! We changed the boys into their gowns. My mom got them for the boys - aren't they beautiful?? They convert to a romper too.
I wanted them to wear the traditional gowns vs. the baptism outfits for boys you see now days. I am so glad we did; it was really special to see both boys in their gowns. I'm regretting that we didn't have more time for pictures. Photography wasn't allowed during the ceremony. The boys were PERFECT throughout the hour long service but pictures afterwards got a little sticky.
| Maddox getting dressed at the church! |
| Mommy and Kellan |
We left in a hurry with screaming babies and even missed getting a picture of the boys with my parents. Boo! I plan on taking them in for a quick studio gown portrait soon.
My brother and his fiancee are the Godparents for these boys and we are so honored to have them a part of our children's lives. Emily is just a gem and a natural when it comes to babies! The only thing that stinks is that we live too far apart - she is off to Idaho in 2 weeks to pursue her new career as an Occupational Therapist!
We enjoyed brunch before everyone departed town. It was a good weekend!
| Maddox's shirt said "My Uncle Rocks" and Kellan's shirt reads "My Aunt is Awesome!" |
| Proud grandpa, proud grandma! |
| The boys with their pretty auntie - I think she's a natural! |
Happy Tuesday!







Congrats on the baptism! (And I love the traditional gowns...good call!)
ReplyDelete