If you're not laughing right now...???!?!?!?
Bwahahaha! Okay so I about busted a gut at this picture I strolled upon on from the Awkward Family Photos website, but I recognize that I have it bad for really stupid humor. Seriously - the dumbest things amuse me. I'm not sure whether that is cause for concern or not, but currently, I
Here's our current version of brotherly love around here:
| Kellan's teeny toes |
| Emersyn and Kellan |
| Kellan left, Maddox right (6/20/11) |
| Trip to our little local zoo! (6/26/11) |
| Sleep over! (6/26/11) |
| 6/28/11 |
| My favorite thing to do with the boys! |
| Love this girl! Bedtime discussion/tickles/loves |
| Now to get Emersyn in her All American Girl shirt for a family photo...stay tuned! |
And a quick recap of what else is going on in my life (this is random):
1. Emersyn is in a 5-week dance class session. We go on Tuesday mornings and so far have managed to be on time for the first class. Yay!! Getting all 4 of us out of the house and to class by 9 is a challenge, but we rocked it our first week! The boys behaved while we watched Emersyn and the dancer herself had a BLAST! She is in the level above where we ended in May with her dance recital.
2. I have lost just over 40 pounds. The boys will be 4 weeks on Monday (?!?!? where does time go ?!?!?) HOWEVER - my left ankle/foot still remains quite swollen considering I am nearly 4 weeks postpartum. WTH??
3. I LOVE hot steamy weather. Hot steamy weather is difficult with 2 newborns plus a toddler who loves being outside. Here's the solution: crank the indoor A/C, put the babies in bouncy seats in the entry way, sit on direct opposite side of front glass door to keep watch on babies plus watch your 3-year old in her swimming pool at the same time.
4. Nursing twins exclusively is a full time job and I am definitely working my way towards that tummy tuck and boob lift I promised myself down the road one day!
5. I still think twins are easier the second time than being a first time mom, regardless. I've been doing this on my own (for the most part since hubby's been back at work the whole time we've been home!) and I am still not wanting help and it's still going well! Yay!
6. There have been several nights where I'd like to strangle my husband, but have refrained, and for that I am proud. I will keep the thought that guys may try and purposely suck at doing stuff with newborns in the middle of the night in attempt to being canned from the role to myself. Or wait, I guess I just made it know. There ya have it!
7. It's nearly midnight, the boys have been in bed for 3 hours, and so should I be right now.
Goodnight and Happy 4th!







You are my hero!! You are making this twin thing look easy peasy!! My babes are only 2.5 weeks and I still haven't taken all 3 kids out on any adventure together. I am so scared! It's more so how my 4 year old would be then it is with how the twins would be. And you exclusively nursing??!! You are super mama!!
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so adorable!! I can't believe how much hair they have. Maybe its because all my kiddos have been baldies?!
And LOL at that first picture! Love that website, hysterical!
That first picture of the boys should be titled, when parents make you do things you hate.
ReplyDeleteCute pics, have a happy 4th
Your boys are too cute. I'm looking forward to dance pictures of Emersyn
ReplyDeleteThose are adorable pictures of your twin boys - and far more appropriate than the first picture in your post!
ReplyDeleteHahahaa, that first picture is hilarious! Have no fear, I appreciate the same humor!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics, especially the one of Emersyn by their stroller at the zoo! Can't wait to see the 4th of July family photos! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's too funny that we both have Emerson Olivias. Your Emersyn is adorable and your baby boys are precious. They look so tiny!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts on your thoughts... :)
ReplyDelete3. Great idea. I may try to implement something similar!
4. You are amazing for nursing those twins! Oh- and I may consider the same surgeries if this body doesn’t go back to normal. What is supposed to happen with all this extra twin-pregnancy skin?
5. I’m glad you said that. It leads me to believe that half the cause of my ‘freak out’ when the twins came home was because this whole thing is so darn new, with them being our first children. I'm feeling much better now and you're a great mama role-model!
6. I think you have something there. Good theory.
7. Uh… yea. Same here. I should be in bed, too. That’s where I’m headed like… right now. Any minute now…
Happy 4th to you and your family!
Congrats congrats congrats!!!!!! Maddox and Kellan are adorable!!! And YOU look fantastic, lady! Boy, it sounds like you are rocking this whole twin thang. I am quite impressed! :-)
ReplyDelete