Monday, July 25, 2011

7 weeks

I can hardly believe that our little miracles have been a part of our lives for 7 weeks already! Bittersweet. They are growing entirely toooo fast. Time, if you're reading this - slow the heck down please!

They have been here for about as long as I was on bedrest/restrictions. Yowzers.
Holding hands - is this not the cutest thing?! (6.5 weeks)
So, a bit about my favorite lil' men...

Weight:
Maddox is 10 lbs even (7 at birth)
Kellan is 9 lb 4 oz (5 lb 15 oz at birth)

(Yes, we have a baby scale and that's how I get all these weights!)

Diaper: Size NB, but once this box is gone will be size 1!

Clothing: NB and 0-3 months both fit, though the NB sizes are getting snug (especially on Maddox). Today was the first time they were in size 0-3 months, tonight is the first night they are wearing 0-3 month pajamas. Awww. The preemie clothes seem so foreign already and it really wasn't THAT long ago!

Maddox James - 7 weeks old - 7/25/11
Eating: They have each had a bottle or 2, otherwise completely breastfed. They LOVE it. They eat every 2-3 hours during the day and every 6-8 at night. Yes, they are doing AWESOME in that regards! (However, let me just profess my dislike for growth spurts! Wowzers!! Up every hour to eat x2 makes for one tired out momma. A tired out momma with confused boobs, at that!)

Kellan Thomas - 7 weeks old - 7/25/11
Sleeping: ROCKSTARS!  They go down between 8-9 usually. Our routine consists of bath (every 2nd night) or wiping down with wash cloths, lavender lotion, then breastfeeding. They love to cuddle on their momma and will often fall asleep then we put them down shortly after. They are still sleeping in the living room in the swing and rocker, but we ARE moving them to their downstairs nursery REALLY soon. (Their crib will be 7 steps from me, literally).

Very special guests!  My brother and sister-in-law from the Fargo area came to meet the boys - 7/25/11.  Emersyn LOVESSS her aunt/uncle (and Godparents!)
Activity: They are starting to be awake more and more, in 1-2 hour stretches throughout the day. Maddox gave us his first REAL smiles on July 23rd, just shy of 7 weeks. AWWWW. MELT.MY.HEART!  He is so cute! I wish I would have captured it on camera, but I wanted to see each smile myself and not from behind the camera. Precious! They both are curious about their new world, but too young to have any sort of favorite toy/activity.  Well aside from nursing, that is!  We took them to the park tonight so Emersyn could play - they seemed to enjoy it seeing as it was a beautiful night and not 900 degrees with 90% humidity!
Kellan - first time at the park - working on holding his head up (check that out!) while Maddox snoozed :)
I leave the house daily with them, or nearly daily. They have done awesome at restaurants, Target, appointments, or in the car. They really are such good boys! We get out with and without Big Sister. She continues to amaze me with how well she has handled everything - but she continues to go to daycare because it's more fun for her I think. Love her!
Big Sister!  (It looks like the spike plant is on her head!)
This is how we roll

Things continue to go very well!  I adore my 3 babies and am trying to enjoy each minute - it's going by way too fast!
With my favorite little people - 7/21/11


I still can't believe how blessed we really are.  God is good!

3 comments:

  1. They are just too precious!! I miss my newborn squishy babies. I agree time goes way too fast. Looks like you are doing great mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how big Kellan's eyes are! They look so alert already. Such precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the names! Maddox and Kellan - great names for brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!