I looked at the clock...it wasn't.
4:00 A.M.
My mind was racing, my bladder was full. (I am not so sure of this new routine of middle o' the night peeing. It seems way too early to be starting that!)
I couldn't stop thinking about watermelon.
I went to the bathroom and got back in bed. I closed my eyes hoping to fall back to Dreamland.
I couldn't stop thinking about watermelon.
Pretty soon, 30 minutes had passed.
I couldn't stop thinking about watermelon.

I am not sure which connection failed to fire in my mind at 4:30, but I decided the watermelon urge was worth waking Travis up over.
"Honey?"
Silence.
"Travis? Are you awake? (as I lightly tap his shoulder) Travis?"
(Annoyed tone) "What?"
"Do you think our grocery store has watermelon this time of year?"
(Travis, very confused): "What time is it and why are you asking about watermelon?"
"Because I really want some right now"
(Travis, being the logical man he is): "Well even if they do have it, it's 4:30. The grocery store is not open until 6, so you need to just go back to bed".
"Okay. Goodnight!"
After a few more minutes of dreaming of...you guessed it....watermelon....I must have fallen back asleep.
7:00 rolls around, which is about when I get up on the weekends. I woke up.
I couldn't stop thinking about watermelon.
We made a trip specifically for watermelon that day. Our little local grocery store didn't have any, but Target sure did!
The watermelon was just as satisfying as I had dreamed it would be. Emersyn and I polished it off in 3 days.
I ate an entire pineapple from start to finish yesterday alone.
This morning, I woke up dreaming of watermelon. Later during the day at clinical, I overheard conversation about the good fruit supply at Hy-Vee.
Today, after my OB appointment, I made it a priority to swing by Hy-Vee. I had been thinking about watermelon, once again...ALL DAY!
I spent $68 mostly on....you guessed it.....watermelon. And oranges, pineapple, strawberries, and a few bags of red seedless grapes the size of my ass (plentiful!)
(Peach rings don't count as fruit, but they were also in the cart. Oops!)
I had fruit and sweets cravings with Emersyn, but mostly for pineapple. I don't remember waking up in the middle of the night with such an intense craving for it, though. I like to think I was more normal then, with more "normal" hours for cravings.
Trust me, I find plenty of cravings (or impulses, rather!) for empty calories and sweets. Yes sir'ee, Bob! But watermelon is clearly my frontrunner.
I told my mom about it and she said she had similar watermelon thoughts when she was pregnant with me. (She is now completely convinced there is at least one girl in there!)
Speaking of, we met our new OB doctor today! Both Travis and I really liked him. He was pleasant and spent about an hour with us talking about the twin pregnancy, talking about things in general, and discussing all the unknown situations that we may find ourselves in down the road.
The really good news is that, as far as he can tell, the twins are fraternal and each have their own placenta and their own amniotic sac. This makes for the least high-risk twin situation possible. Yeah!
The other really good news is that Toot & Puddle look perfect! It's amazing how much they have grown in less than one week, when I last saw them. Their little heartbeats were perfect and they were measuring right on-the-money. Travis became a believer today, it was the first time he saw them on ultrasound. We were able to get a pic of Toot & Puddle on the same screen, though it is still not real clear, here it is!

Toot & Puddle have one very PROUD daddy! He couldn't stop smiling! We are both so ecstatic---and still really cannot fully grasp how blessed we are. We are so thankful.
I brought home my trunk load of fruit and was so excited to dive in.
Except I timed it poorly and found myself staring at my beloved stash of fruit right about the time my nausea kicked into full gear.
Boo.
It's okay. I am prepared for my 4 AM watermelon wake-up call, and Travis can prepare for an uninterrupted night of sleep.







So apparently my LONG hiatus from my blog caused me to miss the magnificant news that youre expecting TWINS!!! Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. I have no idea how I missed this announcement. How exciting.
ReplyDeleteToo funny! Congrats on your twinsies - I love that you are calling them Toot & Puddle. :)
ReplyDeleteHey at least maybe, it tastes better coming up than other choices! My mom craved strawberries and coolwhip when she was pregnant with me. She bought a tub of coolwhip and strawberries a night and at that time we had 3 grocery stores to choose from so that they wouldn't think, "Oh there's the tubby lady again." or so my mom thought at the time... LOL
ReplyDeletehaha..LOVE toot & puddle! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you ambular!! :)
d0 you even know how much I love you?!?! you're too funny! Can you name your daughter Brittany?? or Britt... maybe? ha ha!
ReplyDeletewhat are you doing the saturday after thanksgiving?
That is so funny. I love that you mainly crave healthy things. Lucky girl!
ReplyDelete