Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Cards – One of my favorite things!

Thanksgiving is over. I gained about 9 pounds….from calories, not babies….the tree is decorated, the house has been filled with Christmas spirit, and the stockings are hung by the chimney on the banister with care. (We have no chimney!) What I physically have of gifts has been wrapped. All 3 of them---2 for Emersyn, and one for Mo and Nacho. The majority have been ordered. Now, we could use some snow. Did I just say that out loud? Yes, I did. It adds to the Christmas spirit. We had a light dusting of snow last week (like less than an inch) that melted in our 45 degree temps today. What else do we need to add the necessary Holiday touch? Why, Christmas cards of course!

Each Holiday season, I look forward to putting together our family Christmas card. I have been doing this since college. Typically, I include a few pictures along with a letter. My letters are always pretty funny and not the nauseating type. (You all know the kind!) The letters are also pretty time consuming and I, like everything else in life, find myself scrambling the week before Christmas to get all 100 cards and letters in the mail.

The other night I sat down to browse card layouts, and let me tell you! I was so excited to see all that Shutterfly has to offer this holiday season! My favorite products are the flat stationary cards. I think they are so classy and well designed.





I had a hard time choosing a layout. I ended up choosing 2 layouts---that's how fun they are! One that I really loved included space for a few paragraphs summarizing the past year. What an awesome option----I was quick to take advantage of that, and save on some time-consuming letter writing! Yay! You'll have to wait to see which layouts I chose. Oh, the suspense! I also love the personalized mugs. Without saying too much because of a certain blog follower, I may or may not have included mugs as Christmas gifts. They are too cute!

Psssst! Want to know what else is really great? Shutterfly is offering a special for bloggers! Click here to see what you need to do for 50 free Holiday cards! You can't beat that!

Happy Holidays!


2 comments:

  1. Oh just blame the weight gain on the babies and be done with it ;) That is one advantage you have!! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ordered cards from shutterfly too! it's awesome! (so send me your address btw!)
    and thanks for giving me a great gift idea! i just ordered like 4 different picture mugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!