So, it seems as though the winter storm got its way. There are many, many families in many states who aren't able to spend this holiday with their loved ones. Team Strobel included! We had hoped that things would have settled down by this morning and we'd be on our merry way. I guess life doesn't always go as planned, and the winter storm that swept much of the country got in our way. Yesterday, we had rain the majority of the day. The temps got low enough last night so everything looks like a slick, shiny ice rink today. We had snow this afternoon, but not a lot. However, between here and our families in North Dakota, lies a big blizzard system. White-out conditions and up to 20 inches of snow.
While this certainly isn't how many families planned to spend their holiday, and most certainly isn't how we had planned to spend our day, I am okay with it. I have to admit I did spend time this morning moping and being sad. But then, I took a moment to really think about things.
First and foremost, I have my baby and my husband right here with me! What is not to be thankful for? Celebrating this holiday with our dear Emersyn has been nothing short of magical. She is an angel and watching the joy in her eyes has been a true blessing. We had our good friends Scott and Heather over last night for Christmas Eve. She just had so much fun and looked so cute all dressed in her Christmas Eve finest. Scott and Heather brought her a piano, which she LOVES, and spent a good portion of last night filling our home with beautiful music and dancing....or, you know. Toddler music and dancing, but it sure made my heart smile. She had us cracking up! Here she is, "feeling the music". I have definitely got a natural on my hands!
I also have some downright hysterical videos that I need to reformat and upload. It just may have included a mid-song, um, toot on Emersyn's behalf during her performance. But why would a little toot stop her from dancing? I will be sure and post that. I promise it will leave you in tears!
She lit up our night and took any attention away from the storm brewing outside.
She was so excited about her new car she got as well! Man, this child did not go without this Christmas, despite being stormed in! While I am positive that her stack of presents between her two grandparents' homes in North Dakota easily reach the ceiling, she has had plenty here to keep entertained this snowy weekend.
I am also pleased that we have taught our child the meaning of Christmas. Here she is, making sure that Nacho did not go starving this Christmas Eve night. He was a huge fan of her being the hand behind the treat bag! I wonder why?!
So after our sweet girl was all snuggled in her bed, anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival, Travis and I decided it was time. Time to put her kitchen together! It can't be all that involved, right? WRONG! We were up until 3 AM working hard to get this very cute kitchen constructed. Just call our basement the Elves Workshop for that time being! I wonder if Santa's Elves use occassional cuss words as well?
The late night was most definitely worth the look on Emersyn's face when she came up the steps this morning and laid eyes on her pile of gifts!(and, as a side note, she slept until 9 AM....what a great gift to her parents!)
As you can see, The Strobel 3 have had a great morning. And at the same time, while I am very sad that we cannot see our families this weekend, we have much to be thankful for. I am thankful that we even have families missing us on the other end. I have learned that many do not. We love them all very much! I am thankful for my own immediate family stormed in here in Minnesota.
We made a nice little impromptu dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, and corn, complete with Christmas goodies (thanks Mom!) and enjoyed our morning. Meanwhile, while the weather outside is indeed frightful, our hearts this Christmas are so delightful.
Mother Nature: 0 Team Strobel: 1
How did you spend your snowy holiday?
Merry 2nd Christmas, Emersyn! We love you so much! Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Birhtday, Jesus!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Go ahead, make my day!