So what's been going on around here to cause the delay? Well for beginners, research papers, tests, and quizzes can be to blame. I submitted my final test last night about 10:30 PM and COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! One semester down and........well we won't go there. I have plenty more to go! But having this first semester of grad school under my belt feels great. Looking back, it went very fast but was truly miserable. I can say that now that it's over! Moving forward, I'm expecting things to get "easier". I cut my hours at work to just 3 days a week come January 6th. Very excited about that! Maybe I can actually have some time in the evenings free to do something other than homework after Emersyn goes to bed. You know, like clean house, work out, watch TV, or go to bed before 1 AM. I forgot what that feels like!
It looks like a snowstorm is going to do its very best to stand in our way of going back home to ND this weekend. I am crossing my fingers that won't happen! We are planning on leaving Minnesota on Christmas morning. Naturally, the storm is supposed to be towards the end but still strong at that point. Please Mother Nature! Work with me!
Little Miss Emersyn has been enjoying the snow. She and her dad went and made "snowballs" the other day. So the snow is nowhere near snowball consistency, but she sure had fun playing in it!
The way this next storm system is sounding, Emersyn may learn how to curse the snow before too long. She's picking up on everything now! It's so fun, but mommy and daddy have to really watch their mouths!
Speaking of all things Christmas....Emersyn's not a fan of the ol' fat man. What is it that drives parents to dress their child up, drag them to the mall, stand in line, only to put them on a fat stranger's lap while they pitch a fit, all for the sake of a picture? A picture that makes people laugh over someone elses misery, at that? Well, sign me up! We did just that this past Sunday. I knew fully well that she would not be a fan. Yet, I ran her up to Santa with her back towards him so as to spare her a few seconds of anxiety, put her on the strange man's lap and quickly sprinted off. All while hideous looking people wearing elf costumes are jumping around to get her attention as an enormous flash goes off. Spectators laughing. What's not to love? Why on earth would my child react in such a way?
Ahhhh, yes. Christmas memories.
May your Christmas be filled with many special memories this holiday season! We hope to see some of you this weekend in North Dakota. Mother Nature, if you're reading, please help us out. Thanks!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Go ahead, make my day!