I have been thinking about my New Years Resolution. Aside from the whole cliche "I'm going to lose weight" resolution, which I think is on my mind on any given day during any given year, I've been looking deeper. As I revealed in previous posts, I have been behind on EVERYTHING this holiday season, so it took me until today, January 4th, to have any kind of resolution stand out at me: strive to be a better wife and mother.
As I look back on 2009 and try and pinpoint what it was that made things tough for me, it all points to one thing: my time management skills. Granted I have 9 million things on my plate and a lot to balance, but my first step in making more time for my husband and my family is to make more hours available to do school work. I am so excited that, beginning THIS week, I work only 3 days per week! Emersyn will continue to stay home with me on Tuesdays, and will go to daycare the 2nd day of the week I have off. That second day will rotate between Thursdays and Fridays. What's not to love about having a 3-day weekend twice a month? WOW! How blessed am I to be in this situation! Having the extra day per week to dedicate towards uninterrupted homework will surely free up some after-bedtime hours for me to spend some time with Travis, pay attention to the house (which in turn will free up more of my day-off time with Emersyn and I can focus 110% on her and not worry about anything else, house-related or otherwise!) I think the whole family is excited for that! On the flip side, I will miss that extra income each month. It only means I must manage my student loans that much better. Too bad there is no place to donate plasma here in Rochester! HA!
Additionally, I am cutting back on the time I spend at the computer. Which for me, translates to reduced hours on Facebook and reading random people's blogs. :) Hehe! I enjoy reading about people's lives just as much as I enjoy writing about mine. I have found myself following random people in random states and it's a little odd, but then makes me feel like my life is that much more normal at the same time.
I start classes once again on January 19th, which sadly is right around the corner. I am a little anxious only because I know what's in store and how tough it was this past semester. I'm hoping with my little fine-tuned adjustments, it will be smooth sailing for everyone.
Anyways, moving on from New Years Resolutions! We were able to make it back to Fargo this past weekend for delayed Christmas celebrations with both sides of our families. Emersyn got spoiled to pieces and had a good time! She got so many neat toys and clothes and had fun playing with her cousins. This picture of her and her cousin Nolan, who is 9 months older than her, is just so cute. She wanted to make sure he got in on her "Dora" yogurt!
We had a good time and were thankful we could make it home for an otherwise unplanned weekend.
On Saturday night, we had poolside hotel rooms and Emersyn just had a blast in the water! She will be excited to learn that beginning next weekend, she has swimming lessons for 6 weeks. She cried when it was time to get out of the water. I just can't get enough of baby swim suits!
Especially ruffly butts up to trouble in the hotel bathroom:
All in all, 2010 has started on a good note for The Strobel 3. Well, for 3 days anyways...Travis celebrated a birthday on the 3rd and unfortunately, for the second year in a row, is sick the day after his birthday. He was home from work today with a terrible cold/chest cold/congestion and headache. The last time he missed work over illness was LAST year after his birthday, when all 3 of us had stomach flu. Oh and the year before that, I believe he was also sick after his birthday but that was self-induced. :) Poor guy! I hope you feel better soon, Travis!
Here's to wishing you a healthy and happy 2010!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Go ahead, make my day!