Saturday, January 28, 2012

Heads Above Water

I return from a blog hiatus.  It wasn't planned to be this way.  Let me give a rundown of what has happened since I last posted (sadly, December 18, 2011)

1.  Christmas was wonderful!  I loved everything about having a three-year old at Christmas.  Emersyn was so excited about each and every thing we did, it was magical.  The twins enjoyed as much of it as babies are capable of...it was joy!!  So much to be thankful for.



2.  We traveled back to North Dakota for my little brother's New Years Eve wedding.  What a great time!  The kids did great and I had a chance to kick my heels up after they went to bed.  Babysitters are an amazing invention.  Congratulations to the happy couple!!



3.  Travis lost his job.  This part sucked and is part of the reason I haven't updated recently.  I really felt the world was closing in on me and severely struggled with this for awhile.  After many hours of tears, worry, and fear, I have come to accept it.  There are many worse things in the grand scheme of life and I am focusing on the many rich blessings I have.  This has impacted so many parts of our life and it has been a hard adjustment.  Please pray he finds something soon....with my part-time income, we are hardly squeaking by.  It is stressful - to say the least!

4.  School started again.  I'm only in 2 classes plus one clinical per week - not too bad.  However, this Ethics class may be the end of me.  Blahhhh.

5.  The twins had their 7 month birthday.  They are love!!  They are such happy babies and so content.  For my own reference, now at 7.5 months:

Maddox is 17 lb 10 oz
Kellan is 15 lb 7 oz

As you can see, there's still a significant size difference....over 2 pounds, and also more than 2 inches height difference.  They are both sitting up like pros now!!  They are eating baby food each evening and really enjoy that.  Maddox hollers whenever it is NOT his turn for a bite.  I feed them, alternating who gets a bite, and Kellan gets chewed out each time it's his turn.  Hilarious!!

They are wearing size 3 diapers.  They are both mostly in 6-9 month clothing, though Kellan still has several 3-6 month pieces that he wears (mostly pajamas).  He is so short!  Maddox has his 2 bottom teeth and Kellan is still working on his first tooth.  Oh!  And Maddox is no longer in his helmet.  It was kind of by accident, but regardless his head is beautifully round now.  Yay!

They are both just perfect and steal hearts wherever we go!
6.  We went through a week of RSV and then double ear infections.  It was hell!!  All three kids were sick with high fevers, cough, and just generally feeling awful.  The twins also had some funky breathing going on with it.  We had 2 trips to the ER because, of course, everything happens on weekends around here.  The boys went on to have double ear infections.  And then the antibiotics, of course, caused diarrhea.  It was pure joy around here, I'm telling ya!!

7.  I have awarded myself as The Worst Blogger.  Seriously, this makes me sad because I enjoy it and I need it - but I just really am struggling for time right now.  There are some days I really miss bedrest miss having zero responsibilities so I can blog daily!

Hope you're all doing fabulous!  Muah!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see a new post! But am so sorry to hear that your hubby lost his job- I will be praying that he finds something soon! But, your kids are as cute as ever and you really are one lucky momma!

    Lauren
    threecrazymunchkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh-the babes are gettin so big!!
    welcome back to the blogosphere :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!