Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kitty the Elf: North Pole Breakfast 2011!

The Kitty has landed.
Emersyn has been waiting for about 2 weeks, ever since watching the cartoon rendition of "Elf on the Shelf" on TV. I was completely unfamiliar with the Elf on the Shelf concept until last year. I didn't particularly have plans of starting this tradition, but Emersyn was truly intrigued by the cartoon that I just HAD to start this for her!

(For those unfamiliar like I was until last year, this magical little Elf sits watch over the kids by day, and flies back to the North Pole each night to give Santa the report.  Each morning, the kids have fun trying to find the new location of the Elf.  Also, some elves can be mischievous and play little jokes at night.  (Not sure yet if Kitty will be a stinker or not!)  The only rule is that the kids do not ever touch the elf, because it will take away the magic.  The elf will come every day until Christmas.)

She pre-emptively named her Elf "Kitty", even before they met. She said that when her elf comes, she would name it Kitty. The past 2 weeks she has asked more than once when Kitty was going to get to her house.

I ordered Kitty through Barnes & Noble right around Thanksgiving. I had a coupon code to use so I got it $10 cheaper than anywhere else. Had I known how long it might take, I probably would have just picked our Elf up at Target for $30. (The kit comes with the Elf and the storybook!)

Last night as my kiddos were asleep, I left for Target. (3 cheers for holiday hours!) I had so much fun with this, I didn't go to bed until 2:30 this morning. (May not be the best decision in life but oh well!)

Emersyn helped me put up our lighted garland yesterday (finally) after her doctor appointment and thought that might help Kitty find her house better. She was getting anxious wondering why her Elf hadn't shown up yet.

Emersyn woke this morning SO excited to see that Kitty arrived!! 
 





She shared her Christmas wishes with Kitty
Thoroughly impressed!


Overall, I'd call Kitty's arrival a success!

In other news, Emersyn is obviously out of the hospital and doing MUCH better!  She saw her regular doctor yesterday and we initiated an action plan so that this doesn't keep happening whenever she gets a viral illness.  Fingers crossed that was the last hospitalization!  Thank-you for your concern :)

7 comments:

  1. I also hadn't heard of Elf on a shelf until this year when he was all over Pinterest. (I had to ask!) What a wonderful way to bring Kitty out. Your table is so cute and such fun ideas. This is the funnest elf on a shelf I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! THIS IS SO CUTE! Love love love.

    Glad she's doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - i have the elf on the shelf as well - ours is named Cutie LOL
    what a great breakfast spread and what a way to put a smile on Emersyn's face especially after spending time in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahaha I love it, Kitty Elf! I found out about the Elf on a Shelf last year also. I would love to do that someday... but my step-daughter isn't with us enough right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!!! I have been wondering what on earth Elf on a Shelf was about and now I know. Thank you for explaining it! This totally makes me want to get M one and how cute is your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so amazing..i wish you were my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! I love my Arnie the Elf!!!

    your newest follower :)

    http://www.angela2bunie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!