Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday Thoughts...

Trying something new today and linking up with Sar at Life of Love! (Psst....it's still technically Thursday...but just barely!)

I've been blog M.I.A and for all the right (albeit sucky!) reasons.  I will summarize.  It's really a bit unbelievable!

{1} Heal this!!  First of all, I had a final paper due in one of my summer classes, and let me just say that it was the worst I have ever done in grad school.  Ever.  Apparently when they say 10-12 pages, they really mean it.  7 doesn't cut it even if all the grading criteria is met.  Take your natural remedies and shove it, integrative healing class.  The crappy paper was a large part of my first grad school  C.  #notimpressed

{2} No more monkeys jumping on the bed.  One fell off and...broke his arm. My mom was here last weekend with my nearly 88-year old grandpa, 8 year old and 5 year old nephews. She's a brave lady!  So we're getting ready to leave our house to meet everyone on Saturday to go to a local parade/carnival, and I get this picture message:


My 5-year old nephews arm.  Now in the shape of a rainbow.
Poor lil' guy.  He was such a trooper and put on his brave face as his arm was reset and casted.  The rest of us went on with the daily plan.
The boys fighting over graham crackers during the parade.  Hey, why not...
{3}  3 Emergency Room visits in 2 days.  So our guests leave for the weekend, and my Maddox decided he felt left out of the ER loop.  Long story short:  respiratory distress on your 14-month old is not a cool thing.  I do not get worked up about many things, but seeing your baby with a respiratory rate of 60+ with retractions in every way possible and wheezing is not cool.  His pediatrician sent us to the ER after in-office treatments failed.  We were almost admitted then the plan changed.  Lo and behold, we were back in the ER 7 hours later.  Steroids, more breathing treatments, and chest-xrays were done and we were home again.  Until about 24 hours later when we had to go back.  Oh, how I hate the ER!!  He's doing much better today, has a follow-up tomorrow, and will never ever again be back in the ER.  I just know it.

{4}  Beef.  It's what's for dinner.

Note to self:  Never try and shorten the word "chicken" to "chick" while quickly typing between patients.  You risk eating buffalo cock if you do
{4}  Can you hear me now?
My Maddox got a new outlook on life last Friday (3 days before his ER shenanigans)! He was a trooper for his ear tube procedure - he didn't miss a beat and was back to his usual busy self as soon as we got home.  He had a lot of infected fluid remaining behind his ears, so I'm so happy we did this!  Cheers to ears!


{5}  Just love.  Sweet love...
Just hanging out in our girly do-rags.  Never tell Travis I put this up...Emersyn was so excited to dress like I was for the mud obstacle I did a few weeks ago!

{6}  Weirdest cat. EVER.
Despite the rigor mortis appearance, Nacho was really just napping.  Weirdness runs in the family.

{7} New job for hubs?  I just heard on TV that The Price is Right is looking for a male showcase model.  My dream used to involve winning big on TPIR, but that honestly fell off my dream radar when Drew Carey took over.  I just really miss Bob.  Maybe a male showcase model will grab my attention once again.  Um...as if I ever am home at 10 AM to watch TV.  Riiiight.

Happy Friday, blogosphere!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Your cat looks hilariously awesome, and SO GLAD Maddox is feeling better! What a horrible string of events.

    Also, in regards to the C just because your paper didn't hit the page count requirement...LAME! As someone who always falls on the short end when it comes to page counts, I feel you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your text picture. Mark and i both cracked up laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!