Monday, August 6, 2012

"Can you hear that? That's my boobs"


Saturday was the event we had been anticipating nearly all summer long!
I haven't had childless girls time....well...EVER!  Sure, I've had an evening out here and there, but usually after bed time and never overnight.

It was much overdue.  Mommas need time outs to refresh their souls and reconnect with friends.

The Dirty Girl 2012 was held at a little ski resort nearby.  This involves a 5K run with 12 obstacles along the way.


Let me just point out the hills in the background of this picture...


The 5K was nearly all uphill and with the nice rain we got that  morning, it was extra muddy!  It made for a tough trail as there were  thousands (>5,000 to be exact!) of women running throughout the day.

Our team name was the Treasured Chests.  The money benefits breast cancer awareness, so naturally, we were gonna reference boobs.  And pirates.  And this is what you get.  (Except don't ask me about the eye patches.  I bought them way back in May and they since went MIA.  No eye patches for us!)
Argggh, matey!  My fellow twin mommy friend Angel and I (I'm on the left, duh)
We did not stay clean for long!!
Dirrrrrrrty.
My cousin Kara and I - she came a long ways to run this with us, awesome!  (PS - the mud beard was not at all planned.  I hadn't seen my face at this point, but it works well with the pirate theme, no?)

She stayed clean because she didn't finish :(  So we gave her a mud boob handprint.

Kara and I finished the obstacle in about 45 minutes and then dashed for the beer tent.  Ahhhh, yes.  A free beer with registration was the perfect reward!

Afterwards was a (dirty) lunch at a nearby bar/grill while we waited to check into our hotel.

This may have been one of the best showers of all time!!
Dirty enough to slug the tub.  Nice.
The rest of the night involved drinks and dancing at the casino.  Fun fun fun!!
Excuse the poor photo quality - but twin mommas are all about doublin' up!
I'd say it was a great weekend, and refreshing break.  Can't wait to do it again next year!

Next up:  more 10K training.  Ahhhh!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! And even better that you got to shower in a hotel bathroom instead of your own! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that run looks like so much fun(hard work)!!! Good for you! I've only done level surface things. I'm too wimpy to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!