Monday, March 29, 2010

Sweet Cheeks

I just had to post a couple "unofficial" pictures of Emersyn's sweet cheeks.

Because I can hardly stand how cute this is!


I got her these bloomers for her 2-year photos, which we did this past Sunday. Are they not adorable?! I made this tutu to go with it. Yes, you read that right...I handcrafted an article of clothing. Never mind it was a no-sew tutu and probably is the extent of anything handcrafted from this house! I love that kinda thing, I just don't have the time for it right now!



I am hoping we got some good pictures yesterday. She wasn't exactly the most cooperative, but I suppose I don't blame her being chased around with a big camera up in her business. I was all proud of myself for thinking through each photo setting and bringing appropriate props for each one. That worked out alright for, oh........about 15 minutes! My mom sent the MOST GORGEOUS Easter dress I have ever laid my eyes on for Emersyn. I was really hoping for a gorgeous picture in it. I am pretty sure we were successful, if you consider an innocent looking little girl sitting down, the big full beautiful gown fanned out around her, hands crossed innocently in her lap...and head thrown back, mouth wide open in a full scream, and eyes pinched shut so hard you wouldn't know they existed. Don't forget the crocodile-sized tears running down her face!

Not sure what it was, if it was the fact she had to take her tutu off or if the Easter dress was scratching her in some way, but....wow. I asked Nikki to take a picture of the moment anyways. We will have to set up Strobel Studios this weekend and attempt a home-shoot because that dress is just way too beautiful not to. I actually have gotten some of my favorite photos of Emersyn right here with my little point and shoot camera! Her first Halloween ladybug photo, taken in our basement:




And her first Christmas photo:



So I'm still holding onto hope that we can get a decent picture of her in her pretty dress. There's something to be said about having the child in her own surroundings I suppose!

After the Easter dress meltdown photos, she perked up because the next prop was a real live goldfish in a clear goldfish bowl. She LOVED that and we got some good smiles! Too bad it wasn't in the outfit I wanted it to be in--but oh well!

All in all, I think we got some cute pictures! I am hoping so. Her birthday outfit is simply ... adorable! My friend Ashley made it and I was really happy with it. I'm not going to show pictures of that because I want to save it until I get the "official" pictures back from Nikki (and cross my fingers we got an okay picture in it. She was on the go!)

Here's another one just because it's cute:



And one more of my party girl!



I will post some photo shoot previews once I get them from Nikki. For now, it's back to homework. Not near as exciting as sweet cheeks, but must be done. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Go ahead, make my day!