I keep saying I'm going to get back at it, for 3 reasons:
1) I really enjoy it, and love reading about everyone else too!
2) I like having some sort of record of what my life is like right now. It seems I forget it as fast as it happens!
3) It makes me feel normal again.
Well, pretty obv I haven't been blogging. Pretty obv I SUCK!
Life is happening all around me. I hardly have time for much else! I continue on as this school-going, never-on-time-for-work, procrastinating, mindless, minivan-driving, twinskin sportin', never sleeping, loving life with twins plus one momma!
To elaborate:
1) School-going: In my 3rd year of the Family Nurse Practitioner program. I'm having problems getting into the semester too much, and it's halfways over. I do a lot of my assignments typing one-handed on the couch while the boys have their bedtime marathon nursing session. Thank goodness for laptops and twin nursing pillows. (This is my epitome of multi-tasking!) I go back to clinical days next semester, this one has involved just 3 classes. Not bad.
![]() |
| Learning how to cast and splint! (photo stolen from Syndal!) |
3) Procrastinating: This trait of mine will never be changing. I start papers at 10:30 PM that are due at noon the following day. They're usually my best work. I don't plan on changing a thing.
5) Minivan-driving: I flipped someone off from my minivan window recently. It was applauded by my husband and I have to admit, I felt good doing it!! That lady was being an impatient and ridiculous meanie. Don't mess with the minivan mommas!
6) Twinskin sportin': I look 4-5 months pregnant still. Not lying. I hate it, but love what this trainwreck symbolizes. I don't suppose the receipt from #4 has anything to do with it either...
7) Never sleeping: Typing one handed (as now) really sucks. I usually let the boys finish their marathon before I get anything completely involved underway. 1 AM bedtimes? Pretty normal. Thank-goodness I don't have babies who still wake up overnight!
8) Loving life with twins plus one! The twinks are now 4.5 months old. Really? They had their 4-month appointment on October 6th.
Maddox = 14 lb 12 oz and 25 inches. He was 49% on weight and 63% on height.
Kellan = 13 lbs and 23 inches. He was 17% on weight and 11% on height. My midget.
Both boys are doing so well! It's so hard not to compare them...while they're both doing great, Maddox is quite a bit ahead of Kellan physically and I just need to remember that Kellan is doing what is expected...Maddox is doing above what is expected.
![]() | |||||||
| Mr. Maddox, ready for the maiden voyage in the side-by-side stroller! (Not to worry, we fixed those ridiculously placed straps!) His serious face...what's up with this new seat, mom? |
| Mr. Kellan...I can't get enough of that miniature dude's cuteness! |
October 15th marked my one-year anniversary of finding out I was pregnant with what we thought was just one baby. One baby seems so foreign to me now. When people say "I can't imagine having twins"...I say "I can't imagine having just one". We have adjusted to 2 babies and I wouldn't have it any other way! Loving it....all of it!
Miss Emersyn keeps rockin' the socks off her role as big sister. She is a mother hen to the boys and so helpful with them! She's busy with dance classes, preschool, and Sunday School. Never a dull moment! Her teachers adore her and melt my heart when they tell me how well behaved and adjusted she is. Wipe that blush off your face, momma!
I heart her so incredibly much!
![]() |
| We made a graveyard dirt cake today. She was so proud! |
| Big sister is a hit! |
| Off to daycare! |
And with that, I have a new goal. I'm going to finish off 2011 on a better blogging note. Lord willing. Catch-up posts are just too much!










Thank you for sharing this glimpse into your incredibly full and fun life. I love Emersyn’s stripes.
ReplyDeletehaha I don't have any sympathy for your snoring hubby (Pete is a terrrrible snorer)!
ReplyDeleteand - you don't look pregnant still. I think you look SO great! Hang in there!