Monday, April 19, 2010

Two Years, Too Fast!

It's 11:11 PM right now (make a wish!) on April 19th. So, I'm technically only 10 days late at posting about THEE most important little lady in my life!

Emersyn turned 2 years old on April 10th. Really? What a flash these past years have gone by in. It's unreal!

Here are a few pictures of the single most magical day of my life:

3:26 PM on April 10, 2008




And one of my favorite newborn pics:


I could never have imagined then how it would be humanly possible to love this little lady so incredibly much!


So, here is our little lovely 2 years later.


We spent her birthday, just The Strobel 3. I love it that way--we did it last year as well. This year, we went to the nature center in Rochester. They had a toddler activity for an hour that morning which involved storytime and a craft project. We made a robins nest.


And then went outside to dig for worms.

Except Emersyn didn't want so much to do with the "snakes". "YUCKY!"

So, it was mommy who got to do the worm gig. (An amusing sidenote: I got pooped on by the worm).


We went on a nature walk and she loved scoping out a log full of turtles with daddy!


We came home for naptime, and then went for a birthday dinner at Fridays. Emersyn loved the birthday singing, until she realized it was all directed at her...she wasn't so sure what to think! But the ice cream sundae was worth any wonder she may have had!


We kissed our sweet 2-year old goodnight and got ready for her celebration the next day.


I made these cupcakes and was happy with how they turned out. If you have never tried baking a cupcake right in an ice cream cone, you should! I filled the cones 2/3 full and baked for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Then, decorated with whipped frosting, straight out of the can, and added sprinkles and a cherry. And waa-la! They looked great and tasted great, too!


We had a few friends over and it was a great time! We could not have asked for a more gorgeous day! It was 70 degrees and PERFECT! Not the average April 11th day but we were so happy to see the great weather! The kids thoroughly enjoyed the bubble machine.


Isn't this picture just great? This is Emersyn with Gage, Dylann (who is exactly one week younger than Emersyn) and Aden:



I just love this pic of Dylann and little Josey. I used to work with both of their mommies when I worked in the hospital.



Emersyn got to wear her super cute birthday outfit once more! It's the creative work of my friend Ashley. Go check out her site here! I found out that Cheetos and grass stains come out beautifully with a little Shout!


We were all tuckered out by the end of this fun-filled weekend! The 2 days leading up to Emersyn's birthday (which was on a Saturday), I had classes all day up in Minneapolis. Made for some early mornings with little sleep!


Miss Emersyn Olivia, you are amazing and you are SO so very loved! (Crabby in your Easter dress or otherwise!)


She is one very lucky little girl, as she got yet another birthday celebration with the family in Minneapolis just this past weekend. But, that was another very special and fun-filled weekend that deserves its own post! I really will try and do that one soon....hopefully before the end of April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day!